Enginectra is a small engineering firm located in Calgary that started in 2016. We specialize in providing consulting and design services on HVAC, Plumbing, Fire and Alarm and Electrical in commercial and industrial projects. Our projects are located in AB, BC and SK.
We’re not your traditional engineering firm. We’re in the business of surprise and delight and are obsessed with providing the best customer service possible. We operate in a co-working open office space where communication, collaboration and teamwork are key. We are currently experiencing growth and new exciting projects that require our team to expand. You will be required to work full time from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM from Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone who can bring BIM REVIT expertise to our team. Below is the ideal candidate knowledge:
- HVAC, Plumbing and Sprinkler Construction for Commercial and Industrial projects.
- Mechanical calculations experience (heating and cooling loads, duct sizing, ventilation, pipe sizing, etc).
- ASHRAE 62-2001, NFPA 96, National Plumbing Code, Natural and propane installation code understanding.
- Power and communication design.
- Fire and alarm design.
- Electrical calculations (Loads, voltage drops, etc).
- Responsible for the implementation of REVIT in our organization.
- Responsible for coordination of models with other parties.
- Responsible for creating mechanical and electrical models.
- Responsible for creating models and drawings to be delivered to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring REVIT templates, families and dynamo is always functioning.
- To deliver construction drawings of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection as per deadlines.
- To respond in a timely fashion to clients and contractors.
- To support Principal Engineers to ensure design delivery runs efficiently and effectively.
- To coordinate with a group of internal engineers/consultants to provide answers to our clients.
- Site visits to obtain information for designs.
- To coordinate obtaining information for design on-site as well as coordination with other consultants (Architects, structural engineers, vendors, etc).
- Ensure all file management is kept organized and up to date.
- Ensure client expectations are met and technical inquiries are satisfactorily answered.
- To respond to requests from any project stakeholders.
- To deliver construction drawings of Electrical and fire and alarm as per deadlines.
- To work with the full design team to accomplish full design packages.
Qualities we are looking for:
- MUST: Be an expert in REVIT.
- MUST: Be a self-starter, work under little guidance.
- MUST: Be result-oriented and understand the importance of deadlines.
- MUST: Be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- MUST: Take ownership of tasks and achieve end goals with resources available.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team and customer service focused.
- Practical and long-term growth mentality.
- Understanding the importance of planning, documentation and following procedures.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to excellence and is always seeking challenges in the mechanical and electrical engineering design industry using current technology available in the market. You must be comfortable with starting new procedures and creating workflows from scratch. We are a small growing company where resourcefulness and independence are critical to succeed in your position.
Softwares we currently work with:
- Microsoft Office (Word, excel)
- Google Docs
- AutoCAD MEP
- Bluebeam REVU
- Trace 700
IMPORTANT: We will be considering new graduates and experienced candidates.
You can learn more about our team here.
IMPORTANT: It is very important you already have a high level of expertise in REVIT as this is a must for the position. The mechanical and electrical design knowledge is secondary. We will be providing tests as part of the interview process to validate each area of knowledge.
Note: You will be expected to work after hours during weekdays and occasionally weekends.
Apply for this position
Please complete the following questionnaire to be considered for the position:
REVIT MEP application
When applying please include:
- A PDF copy of your resume.
- Write an email to email@example.com explaining:
- Why are you considering a new opportunity?
- Why are you the right candidate to join our company?
- Are you comfortable working in a small company that is currently growing? Why?
- Do you consider yourself an expert in REVIT? Why?
Only candidates that match the job description will be considered for an interview. Salary, benefits and career opportunities to be discussed.