Enginectra is a small engineering firm located in Calgary that started in 2016. We specialize on providing consulting and design services on HVAC, Plumbing, Fire and Alarm and Electrical in commercial and industrial projects. Our projects are located in AB, BC and SK.
We are obsessed with providing the best customer service possible. Our office is located in the SE of Calgary in the Manchester Industrial area. We operate in a co-working open office space where communication, collaboration and team work is key. We are currently experiencing growth and new exciting projects that require our team to expand. You will be required full time from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM from Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the following:
- HVAC, Plumbing and Sprinkler Construction for Commercial and Industrial projects as journeyman, lead
- Mechanical calculations experience (heating and cooling loads, duct sizing, ventilation, pipe sizing, etc.)
- Who is familiar with: ABC 2014, ASHRAE 62-2001, NFPA 96, National Plumbing Code, Natural and propane installation code
- Familiar with AutoCAD, REVIT
- Familiar with CEC (Canadian Electrical Code)
- Familiar with working with Architects and Engineers
- To deliver construction drawings of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection as per deadlines
- To oversee design of Electrical team and be responsible for electrical drawings delivery
- Evaluating and completing feasibility studies of design options as well as cost for projects
- Ensure client expectations are met and technical inquiries are satisfactory answered
- To coordinate obtaining information for design on site as well as coordination with other disciplines to complete mechanical and electrical design drawings
- To work with remote design team to accomplish full design packages
- To respond to RFIs
- To respond in a timely fashion to client and contractors
- To work closely with Principal Engineer to ensure design operations run smoothly
Qualities we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team and customer service focused
- Long term mindset
- Growth mentality
- Understanding the importance of planning, documentation and following procedures
- Practical mindset.
- Ability to learn new software quickly
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is willing to transition from the field to an office setting. We highly value field experience for this position as it is expected that there will be a 80% to 20% split between office and site work.
- Journeyman Ticket Holder
- Engineering Technologist Diploma Holder
Software’s we currently work with:
- Microsoft Office (Word, excel)
- Google Docs
- AutoCAD MEP
- Bluebeam REVU
- Trace 70
IMPORTANT: We value experience, and someone that can prove their drive and initiative will be preferred over someone with just credentials. 3 References will be checked.
Only candidates that match the job description of this posting will be considered for an interview. Salary, benefits and career opportunities to be discussed
Apply for this position
Please complete the following questionnaire to be considered for the position:
REVIT MEP application
When applying please include:
- A PDF copy of your resume.
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining:
- Why are you considering a new opportunity?
- Why are you the right candidate to join our company?
Only candidates that match the job description will be considered for an interview. Salary, benefits and career opportunities to be discussed.